The Shareholders and Directors work hard to support local projects where it is felt this will bring local economic, social and health benefits to the region. This often involves working with partners in both the public and voluntary sectors as well as other private sector organisations.
But we must see real delivery – the quote – “An ounce of action is worth a tonne of theory” comes to mind in whatever we do!
Our recent focus has been
- To be a founder member of For Entrepreneurs Only
- To work with the Daisy Charity to provide a new building complete with a state of the art PET CT scanner at Castle Hill Hospital and associated research at the University of Hull.
- To support the University of Hull in its programme of intellectual capital exploitation.
- To support the Prince’s Trust operate both its Enterprise Programme and Development Award Scheme in the region.
- To run two programme’s working with local Charity CAT ZERO to introduce young people to self employment and assist them set up their own businesses.
The company also supports other local projects through the W A Horncastle Charitable Settlement, a charity established by the founder of the company Mr Tony Horncastle.
We are also members of the Bondholders an organisation working to promote the region and help boost the local economy.
Finally when possible we contribute our ideas and thoughts on local economic issues when we believe local growth and prosperity could be increased. We do this by discussion with either the Local Enterprise Partnership or to local politicians and council officers. We believe many things could be done to significantly improve the performance of the region and thus the career opportunities for local people and enterprise opportunities for new entrepreneurs. We believe a thriving local economy is the key to the regions future and we enjoy helping where we can make a difference.
Andrew N Horncastle – Chairman