Horncastle is a company with a long-term commitment to the principle of sustainability and we seek to positively manage our impact with reference to economic, environmental and social criteria. We follow best practice in these areas and integrate them into our business strategy. We consider this approach will add value to our long-term business performance.
We are focussing on the following key areas:-
* Resource efficiency; to use energy, water and materials responsibly, reducing, reusing and recycling.
* Regeneration; to make a positive contribution to communities where we have a presence.
* Flexibility; to construct buildings that can be used by different occupiers without significant structural alteration.
* Accessibility; to ensure that our properties are accessible by more than one mode of transport.
* Stakeholders; to listen to our stakeholders and to respond to their needs.
We comply with all statutory regulations and requirements relating to each of the above as a minimum, but we also seek to implement best practice beyond compliance where possible. In doing so, we aim to cut costs through eco-efficiency measures, establish a strong eco brand value and future proof our properties so that they perform strongly as markets evolve. The Board of Directors is responsible for the delivery of this policy and its implementation is reviewed at Board Meetings.