Horncastle is committed to delivering environmentally friendly features as standard and typically, these include:-
- Provision of green space and vegetation to create new habitat for wildlife.
- Sustainable drainage systems to manage the risk of flooding and water pollution.
- Green Travel Plan to promote the use of public transport, car sharing and walking and cycling to walk.
- Site layouts and building designs to blend into the environment.
- Enhanced insulation to roofs and walls to improve thermal efficiency.
- Greater use of roof lights to improve internal natural lighting.
- Lighting systems that are energy efficient with intelligent daylight controls.
- Storm water collection arrangements for grey water recycling.
- Precise construction techniques to reduce waste and improve performance and building quality and remove inefficiencies in the construction process.
- Initiatives in office areas include low flush toilets, waterless urinals, spray taps, timber framed partitions, energy efficient lighting, natural ventilation, improved natural lighting and the use of recyclable material whenever possible.
Additional feature can be added and these include:-
- Renewable forms of energy generation including ground source heat pumps, PV panels, solar thermal panels, wind turbines etc.
- Solar shading to reduce heat from the sun but maintain natural light.
- Pervious external areas to reduce peak flows into surface water drainage systems.
- Land for future expansion.
- Green roofs for better heat insulation and creation of natural habitats.
We believe in implementing measures that deliver a benefit to our customers and are committed to the continual review of our initiatives as technology advances.